Hibiscus flowers contain many antioxidants like polyphenols, flavonoids, and tannins. These antioxidants protect the skin from free radicals that cause aging, pigmentation, wrinkles, and even cancer.
In addition, these antioxidants have anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce redness and irritation caused by acne.
Let’s learn more about this powerful ingredient that’s central to many skincare, beauty, and cosmetic products out there as well as home remedies for better skin.
What are the benefits of the hibiscus flower?
Most importantly, the hibiscus flower can help with skin whitening. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties are also well-known.
- Skin whitening: Hibiscus flowers contain high levels of vitamin C which is known to help with skin whitening. This vitamin helps in reducing inflammation and thus helps in lightening uneven skin tone caused by acne or sun damage.
- Antioxidant properties: Hibiscus flowers have been found to contain high levels of antioxidants which help protect your skin from free radicals that can cause premature aging and skin damage such as wrinkles and fine lines.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Hibiscus flowers have been shown to reduce inflammation on your skin by inhibiting the production of histamine which causes redness and swelling.
The most popular use for hibiscus is for its anti-aging properties but there are other uses as well such as treating dry skin and reducing inflammation. Here is a list of some of the health benefits of hibiscus:
- Prevents damage from free radicals by protecting your skin from these harmful molecules
- Helps reduce inflammation in your body by inhibiting enzymes that cause pain
- Controls oil production and suppresses bacteria growth to keep the skin healthy and glowing naturally
Hibiscus flowers contain organic acids like malic acid that can help boost your skin’s moisture content.
It’s also one of the most effective natural remedies for acne because it contains anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling and redness, which helps clear up blemishes.
Hibiscus flowers can be added to a tea or used topically on your skin as a mask to help clear up acne scars or other blemishes such as blackheads and whiteheads.
Other ways to use hibiscus flowers also exist, such as buying products that include the flower as their main ingredient.
The Hibiscus flower is a beautiful flower that can be found in many parts of the world. In some countries, it is called the rose of Sharon. It is also known as the love flower, passion flower, and Jamaican rose.
This flower makes for a great facial mask because it has anti-aging benefits that improve overall skin appearance. Antioxidants in the hibiscus flower help brighten dark spots on the skin and generally make you look younger!
This flower has been used as an ingredient in skincare remedies and products for centuries now. It is still a relevant component of many effective skincare formulas. Keep these important qualities in mind the next time you shop Dr. Schrammek products online.